Head of Talent
We’re Farewill, we build simple, beautiful products to change the way the world deals with death.
We’ve grown to lead our industry, becoming the biggest (and favourite) will-writer in the UK within 24 months of launching - building a tight-knit, multidisciplinary team of 18 along the way.
We're proudly backed and supported by some of the best investors and entrepreneurs in Europe, from the founders of Transferwise and Zoopla, to Kindred Capital, JamJar, and SAATCHiNVEST.
We’re looking for an experienced recruiter who loves sourcing & hiring diverse, brilliant people - to lead our team as Head of Talent.
As our very first People Person you’ll own our hiring roadmap, hone and develop our hiring process, and represent the whole team in masterminding and building our talent brand.
In your first 12 months:
- You’ll lead the charge on doubling our team to 40
- You’ll help us hire the right people across all capabilities (Design, Product, Engineering, Ops, Growth)
- You’ll own each part of our hiring process, improving it continuously and collaboratively
- You’ll build out our talent brand for the world to see - from our careers page design, to our social profiles, to hosting events & running talks.
- You’ll care deeply about giving candidates an amazing experience
- You’ll be creative and resourceful with sourcing, and know where to go for different types of hire
- You’ll know what hiring process suits which role and what approach will deliver
- You’ll have experience of sourcing multiple roles at a fast pace.
- You are highly organised and able to switch up what you’re working on at speed
- You have great written and spoken English
- You use data effectively to inform and improve your hiring process
- You enjoy pitching and representing your company (to candidates and beyond!).
- Be part of a growing startup redefining the death industry
- Work alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people
- Competitive salary and share options
- Santander cycles membership
- Lovely, spacious, bright office in Haggerston
- Regular off-site days and team lunches
- Work from home on Wednesdays, flexible start and end to your day
- 25 days holiday
L-R, Tam, Helena, Kiran ,Constance, Jon, Tom , Holly, Natasha, Emily, Dan, Zac, Karan, Loz, Tom, Meg, Ben. Join us in time for our next team photo?
Our hiring process - application and interview process
Inviting someone to join our team is a big deal for us and we put a lot of time and effort into the process. If we figure out we’re not perfect for each other at any stage we’ll let you know as soon as possible. Here’s how it’ll look for the person joining us:
1. Send us your CV along with maximum 150 words on why this role is perfect for you.
2. We’ll invite you for a 45 minute phone call or coffee with our CEO to learn more about your goals and experience. You’ll also be able to ask questions about Farewill and the role.
3. We’ll then give you an exercise that’s relevant to the role, and run a more detailed interview in person to hear more about you and your experience.
4. You’ll meet one of our investors and our talent advisor (Michelle Coventry) to get an independent view of Farewill.
If everyone’s happy, most importantly you, we’ll make you an offer to join our team.
Our hiring process - diversity monitoring questions
We are an equal opportunity employer and highly value diversity at our company. This includes not discriminating under the Equality Act 2010, and monitoring how our company is representing different groups of people through our hiring process.