Head of Brand & Creative
We’re Farewill, we build simple, beautiful products to change the way the world deals with death.
We’ve grown to lead our industry, becoming the biggest (and favourite) will-writer in the UK within 24 months of launching - building a tight-knit, multidisciplinary team of 18 along the way.
We're proudly backed and supported by some of the best investors and entrepreneurs in Europe, from the founders of Transferwise and Zoopla, to Kindred Capital, JamJar, and SAATCHiNVEST.
Who you are:
We’re looking for a creative and practical thinker to join our team as Head of Brand - breaking new ground as we build the first consumer brand in death.
You’ll mastermind who we are from the ground up, bringing Farewill to life across all of our channels (from social and email to TV campaigns) with compelling, purposeful communication.
Over the next 12 months:
- You’ll own and develop our brand promise, and help deliver it across a wide range of channels
- You’ll build out and lead our brand team (designers, copywriters, researchers…)
- You’ll research and analyse what makes our customers tick and develop motivational messaging to drive them to action
- You’ll produce marketing guidelines with a clear brief on channel implementation
- You’ll work both in-house and with agencies to produce our creative (across TV, digital, newspaper, direct mail and more)
- You’ll mastermind creative to rapidly test new channels - e.g. radio, out-of-home
- You'll guide the wider team creatively - from building sales decks to how we think about customer service
- You’ll report directly to our Head of Growth Jon and work closely with our CEO and Leadership Team.
You should have:
- 2+ years in a senior brand role
- Experience of building brand identity and messages from scratch
- Managed and selected creative agencies
- Lead creative teams to bring your vision to life
- Built integrated creative across digital and offline channels
- Researched target audiences and practically implemented findings.
- Experience in DRTV
- Excited to join a tight-knit and fast growing team.
- Be part of a growing startup redefining the death industry
- Work alongside other friendly, passionate and talented people
- Competitive salary and share options
- Santander cycles membership
- Lovely, spacious, bright office in Haggerston
- Regular off-site days and team lunches
- Work from home on Wednesdays, flexible start and end to your day
- 25 days holiday.
L-R, Tam, Helena, Kiran ,Constance, Jon, Tom , Holly, Natasha, Emily, Dan, Zac, Karan, Loz, Tom, Meg, Ben. Join us in time for our next team photo?
Our hiring process - application and interview process
Inviting someone to join our team is a big deal for us and we put a lot of time and effort into the process. If we figure out we’re not perfect for each other at any stage we’ll let you know as soon as possible. Here’s how it’ll look for the person joining us:
1. Send us your CV along with maximum 150 words on why this role is perfect for you.
2. We’ll invite you for a 30 minute phone call or coffee to learn more about your goals and experience. You’ll also be able to ask questions about Farewill and the role.
3. We’ll then give you an exercise that’s relevant to the role, and run a more detailed interview in person to hear more about you and your experience.
4. You’ll meet one of our investors to get an independent view of Farewill.
If everyone’s happy, most importantly you, we’ll make you an offer to join our team.
Our hiring process - diversity monitoring questions
We are an equal opportunity employer and highly value diversity at our company. This includes not discriminating under the Equality Act 2010, and monitoring how our company is representing different groups of people through our hiring process.