Growth Product Manager
We’re Farewill, we build simple, beautiful products to change the way the world deals with death.
We’ve grown to lead our industry, becoming the biggest (and favourite) will-writer in the UK within 24 months of launching - building a tight-knit, multidisciplinary team of 18 along the way.
We're proudly backed and supported by some of the best investors and entrepreneurs in Europe, from the founders of Transferwise and Zoopla, to Kindred Capital, JamJar, and SAATCHiNVEST.
This role is a unique opportunity to join us as we scale and grow while we transform an entire industry. As the 1st PM working alongside our Head of Product, Tam, you’ll play a pivotal role in designing our future and defining how we get there.
You’re an experienced Product Manager who loves finding and solving high impact problems to bring value to customers and growth to the business. You know how to quickly test and validate your team’s ideas and nurture only the best.
You’re comfortable working at different levels of fidelity, from defining the next ticket to prioritise, to analysing customer feedback and data, to articulating quarterly opportunities.
You can confidently test, learn, and iterate as challenges arise and opportunities emerge.
In the next 12 months:
- You’ll lead your own cross-functional team at Farewill focusing on creating new customer value and business growth
- You’ll understand what our customers love about our service, what turns people away, and turn lost customers into product evangelists
- You’ll proactively test and learn through low fidelity implementations and talking to customers to find opportunities to scale
- You’ll work with Designers and Developers to research, prioritise, and problem solve - building and measuring solutions to user problems and business goals
- You’ll collaborate with Marketing, Partnerships and Analytics teammates to experiment and iterate on our marketing and sales efforts, understand the user journeys and maximise conversions
- You’ll work with our Head of Product, Tam, and the rest of the team to iterate on our product development processes
- You’ll take an active part in hiring Product Managers, Designers and Developers as our business grows
- You’ll share your learnings, your wins, and your failures along the way to continually improve with the wider team
You should have
- 2+ years experience in Product Management
- Great at communicating decisions as well as giving and taking feedback
- Able to attain, understand, and review quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience turning business goals and user problems into roadmaps for your team
- Comfortable talking to customers, testing ideas quickly and turning your findings into experiments and features
- Some technical understanding. You can communicate effectively with Developers to understand constraints, tradeoffs and capabilities
- Experience of continually improving a product in a growing business
Nice if you have
- Experience working in a scaling startup
- Familiar with working to metrics and outcomes
- Evidence of working with Growth and Marketing teams
- A broad understanding of user research, service design, digital marketing and technology
- An interest in accessibility and building experiences for older users
Carry on below to find out more about applying, or read more about who we are, what we do, and the perks of joining our team.
Our hiring process - diversity monitoring questions
We are an equal opportunity employer and highly value diversity at our company. This includes not discriminating under the Equality Act 2010, and monitoring how our company is representing different groups of people through our hiring process.
Our hiring process - application and interview process
Inviting someone to join our team is a big deal for us and we put a lot of time and effort into the process. If we figure out we’re not perfect for each other at any stage we’ll let you know as soon as possible. Here’s how it’ll look for the person joining us:
1. Send us your CV along with maximum 150 words on why this role is perfect for you.
2. We’ll invite you for a 20 minute phone call or video call to learn more about your goals and experience. You’ll also be able to ask questions about Farewill and the role.
3. We’ll then give you an exercise that’s relevant to the role, and run a more detailed interview in person to hear more about you and your experience.
If everyone’s happy, most importantly you, we’ll make you an offer to join our team.